To preserve up your spices close at hand whereas you’re cooking but tackle the countertops clear, hang this DIY magnetic spice rack on the wall. It’s a immense system to preserve up your kitchen organized.
I am on a mission to accumulate my kitchen organized with out spending somewhat a couple of time or money, and this is the fourth step along that gallop.
I’m bigger than half of system done and my kitchen is functioning higher already!
DIY Magnetic Spice Rack
Since I cook loads, I admire to comprise my spices in a straightforward to accumulate to space…which is why they were first and significant in racks on my counter (at the side of my utensils jar that I within the finish got rid of with a DIY Rotating Storage Rack).
Even supposing those spice racks don’t appear to be they hold up somewhat a couple of room, it’s only adequate that a cooling rack stout of cupcakes doesn’t match totally. Which has triggered a day-of-the-celebration peril on on the least one occasion when your total rack got knocked off the counter.
I indisputably comprise had my spy on these magnetic spice racks for somewhat a whereas.
Nonetheless they all seem to achieve aid with one other space of spice jars…which I don’t in fact settle on since I indisputably comprise already got a local of spice tins. And I would comprise to take hang of 3 or 4 unusual racks to preserve up all of my spices, which would pause up costing bigger than $100.
After having immense success with galvanized sheet steel and magnets in my instrument group mission, I determined to re-utilize the identical thought for my spice tins.
It labored completely, imprint lower than $20, and took about an hour of labor time.
Must you uncared for them, listed here are the other kitchen group tasks on this series:
- Turn animated-to-attain cupboards within the glum cupboards into straightforward-to-access drawers.
- Determined drawer litter (share 1) by transferring cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack.
- Place away with drawer litter (share 2) by organizing the leisure of the utensils that pause up in a drawer.
- Determined the countertops (share 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand
- Determined the cupboard litter where serving trays and cookie sheets are kept by building custom dividers and cupboards.
- Catch the corner cupboards extra important by building some roughly straightforward-to-access storage system.
And now on to this week’s kitchen group submit…tackle finding out to peek gather out how to blueprint a DIY magnetic spice rack.
- Spice tins*
- Spice labels*
- 11/16″ Magnets*
- Epoxy Glue*
- Galvanized Steel Sheet Steel*
- Construction Adhesive*
- Tin Snips*
- Caulk Gun*
What Doesn’t Work
Forward of getting to the final resolution, I tried many other alternate ideas that didn’t pause up thought.
- First I tried the peel-and-stick magnets. They’re high quality because of you don’t comprise to blueprint any gluing and as well they’re very skinny. Too glum they’re not stable adequate to preserve up the containers to the wall.
- Subsequent I tried recurring magnets with recurring white glue. The white glue would not cease caught to the spice tin…so the tins ended up falling off the wall.
- Third I tried Liquid Nails (construction adhesive) which looked to follow the tins correct beautiful, but didn’t adhere properly to the magnets…so the tins ended up falling off the wall.
- In the initiating, I had tried the utilization of only one magnet, which does work for lighter spices. Nonetheless, tins with heavier spices tend to run down and pause up on the backside of the wall. That makes the spices animated to preserve up in an organized present.
The pause consequence is that I old epoxy glue (the kind that has 2 parts which comprise to be mixed) and a pair of 11/16″ magnetsper tin, which ended up being the winning aggregate!
How To Catch The Magnetic Spice Rack
Keep The Magnets
Must you are going to need got already got spice containers (like I did), re-the utilization of those you are going to need got already got is mainly the most economical preference. In any other case you would possibly presumably maybe presumably take hang of some cheap storage tins*.
1. Wash the spice jars to make certain that they’re attention-grabbing.
2. Make certain the magnets don’t repel each other.
The best system to blueprint this is to line up the spice jars and space the magnets on where they’re going to be glued. In my case, this became once on the backside of the spice tins.
Must you are going to need got glass spice jars, you would possibly presumably maybe presumably desire to set the magnets on the lid. In general this means that you’re going to need opposite poles facing up. If your magnets comprise no doubt one of the major poles marked like these ones blueprint, you are going to comprise to soundless sight opposite sides up.
3. Mix the epoxy glue*.
In general, it wants to be applied interior 5 minutes of blending, so only combine as considerable as you would possibly presumably maybe presumably practice interior that time. I did about 10 spice jars in a batch.
4. Spread the glue on the backs of the magnets.
I wore gloves all the design thru this share…epoxy glue is de facto animated to accumulate off your fingers!
5. Stick them to the spice jars.
6. Let the glue dry and medicine.
While the glue will appear to be it’s dry after a couple of half of hour, it in general takes about 24 hours to totally medicine. Wait and see and wait the stout time. In any other case, the glue might presumably maybe not stick and your canisters will descend of the wall…that’s me speaking from ride.
Keep the Galvanized Steel Sheet to the Wall
1. Measure the set between the tip of the counter (or backsplash) and the backside of the cupboards.
2. If the galvanized sheet is better than your backsplash set, you could always carve it to the exact size:
a. Measure the width on the galvanized steel sheet and plan a line across the width of the sheet.
b. Spend the tin snips to carve along the road. Be very careful for the explanation that edges will be very animated.
c. Preserve the sheet as a lot as the wall to make certain that that it matches.
3. Spend the caulk gun to unfold glue all the design thru the aid of the galvanized steel sheet. Catch definite there is glue the final system out to the sides of the sheet.
4. Design the galvanized steel sheet on the wall after which press it on to make certain that the glue sticks.
5. Private up your spice jars and stick them up there! I set labels on the lids of all of the jars so the spices are straightforward to search out.
These pre-printed ones with a clear backgroundpeek high quality on the tins.
Nonetheless unnecessary to claim you would possibly presumably maybe presumably correct write on pieces of shielding tape or utilize a label maker to full the identical ingredient.
The Finished DIY Magnetic Spice Rack
I will match all of my jars with out peril on one sheet of galvanized steel, with room to develop!
I now comprise a clear countertop…it appears so considerable much less cluttered than it did, and I will soundless access all of my spices and utensils!
Various Kitchen Organizing Tips You Can also Admire
- Custom Pegboard DIY Drawer Organizer
- 5 Straightforward DIY Kitchen Drawer Organizer Tips
- 7 Awesome Kitchen Cabinet Door Storage Tips That Will Prepare Your Kitchen
Have comments or questions about our DIY magnetic spice rack? Repeat us within the share beneath.
Pin It So You Fabricate not Forget It!