This hen and stuffing casserole is a short and uncomplicated dinner recipe that is ultimate for busy weeknights. Shredded hen and diced greens are blended in a creamy sauce, topped with luscious stuffing and baked in the oven for 30 minutes. This casserole recipe is comfort meals at its most attention-grabbing and is a ultimate dinner thought for cold, chilly climate nights.
The best piece of this recipe is that it’s mammoth easy to form with mute ingredients that you just per chance already dangle readily available so it’s a enormous spur of the moment dinner thought must which that you just may per chance per chance per chance’t resolve what to form!
Tips on how to Attach This Hen and Stuffing Casserole?
- Cook and shred hen (which that you just may per chance per chance per chance prep this ahead of time or exhaust a rotisserie hen to set time).
- Dice and sauté the greens.
- Prepare stuffing.
- Combine every thing but the stuffing into a casserole dish.
- Add stuffing mix on prime of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
What are the Elements?
This recipe is produced from easy ingredients that you just per chance already dangle for your pantry and fridge.
- shredded hen
- cream of hen
- hen broth
- celery, carrots, onion and garlic
- stuffing mix
Tips on how to Customise This Hen and Stuffing Casserole?
This casserole recipe is extraordinarily customizable and the probabilities are nearly unending, but here are some steady systems to alternate this recipe up:
- Change turkey for hen. This casserole will seemingly be an obliging replacement to dissipate leftover turkey and stuffing after thanksgiving.
- Swap up the greens.
- blended greens
- carve green beans
- Utilize various “cream of” soups or form some from scratch. “cream of” mushroom, celery and hen with herbs soups would work.
- Kick it up a notch with contemporary herbs (thyme, rosemary and sage will seemingly be enormous selections).
- Add shredded mozzarella on prime for a further layer of taste.
- Utilize breadcrumbs on the tip of the casserole in region of stuffing.
- Add garlic and onion powder moderately than contemporary in the occasion you don’t dangle any readily available.
What to Support with This Hen and Stuffing Casserole?
- mashed potatoes with hen gravy
- southern green beans
- steamed broccoli
- dinner rolls
- garlic bread
- aspect salad
Retailer & Reheat
This casserole makes enormous leftovers. All it is important to attain is conceal the casserole dish with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. To reheat, steady microwave it for a few minutes per serving!
Hen and Stuffing Casserole
- 3 little hen breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 little onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans cream of hen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 field stove prime hen stuffing
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup hen broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 levels.
Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Soften butter in little skillet on medium-high heat and then add the diced greens and seasonings to the pan.
Sauté the greens for 4-5 mintues or till they are relaxed. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer.
Combine sautéed greens, shredded hen, cream of hen soups, and heavy cream in a 9×13 casserole dish.
Bring the hen broth to a boil in a little pot. Prefer from heat. Add the stuffing mix to the hen broth and fluff with a fork.
Add the stuffing mix to the tip of the casserole
Quilt with foil and bake for 30 minutes or till bubbly.
Turkey, Stuffing and Green Bean Crockpot Casserole